Black Mountain Plumbing Remodel Bathrooms too!
Have you seen the recently published lifestyle story that says having stainless steel kitchen appliances isn’t the trend it once was? It appears we consumers now prefer different colors and finishes on our kitchen appliances. But remodeling the kitchen just to change colors and finishes on the appliances can get a little costly. On the other hand … we can remodel bathrooms and …
- do it for about half the cost of remodeling a kitchen, and
- expect to recoup almost as much of the cost for remodeling if and when we sell the house (We’ll recoup 62 percent of the bathroom remodel costs, 66 percent of the costs for a major kitchen remodel, and 72 percent of the costs for a minor kitchen remodel.).
That’s why bathrooms are the one room in the house most likely to be remodeled.
But even though we’re saving money by remodeling the bathroom rather than the kitchen, it still makes sense to save as much money as possible on the remodel. One way to save money on a bathroom remodel is by adding storage space in the existing walls. Or increase the amount of usable space simply by changing out doors.
And here are a few suggestions from the designers at Houzz.com on how to Remodel Bathrooms …
- Create niches between the studs in existing walls (that don’t have insulation, plumbing or electrical lines) and add shelving for additional storage space. Or add a hook or two and use the niche to hang bathrobes.
- If you have a low privacy wall separating the commode from the rest of the bathroom, create a niche in the privacy wall where you can store additional toilet paper.
- Install a pocket door, which opens up the space used by a door that swings open.
- Install a barn-style sliding door if you have pipes or electrical lines in the walls and can’t install a pocket door.
- Install a bi-fold door that takes up about half the space of a door that swings open.
If you want to get in touch with an expert plumber who can remodel bathrooms, give me a call at (858) 536-4161. I’d love to be of assistance to you.