Escondido, California is a city located in San Diego County. It was founded in 1876 and incorporated in 1902. The city has a population of approximately 80,000 people. The area is known for its beautiful mountains and great weather.
Escondido, California History
Escondido, CA is named after the famous Spanish explorer who was looking for the mythical lost treasure of El Dorado. Escondido, CA was founded by William H. Murphy in 1876. Murphy had been a real estate developer in Los Angeles before moving to Escondido. He started building homes in Escondido in 1875. In 1879 he opened the first general store in Escondido. By 1886 there were two banks in Escondido. Escondido was incorporated in 1902.
Points of Interest in Escondidio, California
Escondido, Calif is located in the heart of San Diego County. The city has a wonderful location and is surrounded by many natural wonders. Some of the attractions include:
• San Pasqual Valley – This valley is a great place for horseback riding and hiking.
• Old Town San Diego – This is a historic area with many shops, restaurants, museums, and galleries.
• Zoo – This San Diego Zoo Safari Park is home to many different animals from around the world.
• Escondito Canyon Park – This park is a great place for biking, running, walking, and picnicking.
• Escondidio Country Club – This golf course is one of the most popular courses in the state of California.
• Escondida Creek Trail – This trail runs through Escondido and is a great place for hiking and mountain biking.
• Escondio Botanical Garden – This garden is located in the heart of Escondido and features many different plants and trees.
• Escondigo Canyon Park – This park is located in the center of Escondido and is home to many different trails and picnic areas.
• Esconditos Canyon Park – This park is also located in the center of Escondo and is a great place for biking and hiking.
• Escondidea Canyon Park – This park is home to the Escondido Dam. The dam was built in 1922 and provides water for the city of Escondido.
• Escondita Canyon Park – This park is just south of Escondido and is a good place for hiking and biking.
• Escondeita Canyon Park – This park was named after the creek that flows through it.
• Escondino Canyon Park – This park is east of Escondido and is another great place for hiking and biking. There are many trails that you can take in this park.
• Escondillo Canyon Park – This park is south of Escondido and provides a great place for hiking and biking.