Most people think that drain cleaning is a very expensive and difficult job. Doing your own drain cleaning can be a very difficult task. But, if you know the right way, you can have the drains flowing smoothly in no time at all. Here are a few drain cleaning tips that can help you with your drain cleaning.
1. The first thing you need to do is to determine if there is a blockage in your drain. If you suspect that there is a blockage, you should try to see if you can remove it. You can use a snake, a plunger, or even a piece of wire, but make sure that whatever tool you use, is not sharp.
2. Hot water is not the best method for clearing a drain. If you pour hot water down your drain, you risk causing more damage to your pipes. A better solution would be to pour in some baking soda and vinegar. This is a simple and all-natural method of clearing the pipes. You can use a drain snake to clear the pipe if this does not work.
3. If you cannot remove the obstruction with a tool, you can then use a hose or some other device to break the obstruction up into smaller pieces. This is called “pounding”.
4. If you have pounded the obstruction down to a size where you can see it, you should then try to remove it with a long-handled brush or even a stick. You can use a plunger, or a pipe wrench, or even a small pair of pliers, to try and loosen the obstruction.
5. If all else fails, you may need to take the pipes apart to unclog them. The process of taking apart the pipes can be quite simple, but it does require some basic tools.
6. If the clog persists, it may be wise to call a licensed plumber. A licensed plumber usually has the tools and experience in the area of drain cleaning to find the clog and get rid of it for you. It is important to ask if the plumber is licensed and insured and check if they have any sort of guarantee before you hire them.
The most important thing to remember is that you should never place anything in your drains that will not dissolve. For instance, thick or sticky foods, grease, and the like should never be poured down your drains. Regular drain cleaning will help keep your drains free of debris or waste products.
If you need drain cleaning call us at (858) 536-4161. Find more drain cleaning tips on Facebook. Just look for drain cleaning near me and choose Black Mountain Plumbing. We hope you enjoyed our drain cleaning tips.
Serving San Diego and San Diego County for over 25 years with quality work and great service. We also service these cities – El Cajon, La Mesa, Lakeside, Poway, Ramona, Santee, Pacific Beach, La Jolla, University City, Tierrasanta, Rancho Penasquitos, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Santa Fe, Encinitas, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Leucadia, Sorrento Valley, Miramar, Mira Mesa, Scripps Ranch, Vista, Carlsbad, San Marcos, Fairbanks Ranch, 4S Ranch, and Sabre Springs.